USB-101 FT2232H Evaluation Board
USB-101 is an evaluation board of FTDI's FT2232H. FT2232H supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed(480Mbps).
You can utilize this board for FT2232H performance estimating, preproduction prototypes, USB communication interfaces for your application and more.
Difference between this USB-101 and USB-103 is number of channels that be connect to user interface.
In USB-101, you can use both channel A and channel B.
In USB-103, you can use channel A and a part of channel B (Tx and Rx).
USB compliance test. Eye pattern of upstream tests.
- FT2232HL Rev.B
- USB B-type connector
- 22-pin user interface x2
- Selectable power source (USB bus-power or External 5.0V input)
- On-board 3.3V regulator (Selectable with External 3.3V input)
- On-board 1.8V regulator (Selectable with FT2232H internal regulator)
- Power-on reset IC
- Power LED
- EEPROM Socket
- EEPROM x1 (Accessory, Blank)
- 4 layer PCB with Immersion gold
- 2.795" x 2.244" (71 x 57 [mm])
- RoHS Compliance
- MADE IN JAPAN
This is not a specification of USB-101 but of FT2232H.
For more details, please see FTDI's web site.
- Single chip USB to dual serial / parallel ports with a variety of configurations.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbits/second) and Full Speed (12Mbits/second) compatible.
- Dual Multi-Protocol Synchronous Serial Engine (MPSSE) to simplify synchronous serial protocol (USB to JTAG, I2C, SPI or bit-bang) design.
- Dual independent UART or FIFO ports configurable using MPSSEs.
- Independent Baud rate generators.
- RS232/RS422/RS485 UART Transfer Data Rate up to 12Mbaud. (RS232 Data Rate limited by external level shifter).
- USB to parallel FIFO transfer data rate up to 10Mbyte/sec.
- Single channel synchronous FIFO mode for transfers > 25 Mbytes/sec.
- CPU-style FIFO interface mode simplifies CPU interface design.
- MCU host bus emulation mode configuration option.
- Fast Opto-Isolated serial interface option.
- FTDI’s royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.
- Adjustable receive buffer timeout.
- Option for transmit and receive LED drive signals on each channel.
- Enhanced bit-bang Mode interface option with RD# and WR# strobes.
- FT245B-style FIFO interface option with bidirectional data bus and simple 4 wire handshake interface.
- Highly integrated design includes +1.8V LDO regulator for VCORE, integrated POR function and on chip clock multiplier PLL (12MHz – 480MHz).
- Asynchronous serial UART interface option with full hardware handshaking and modem interface signals.
- Fully assisted hardware or X-On / X-Off software handshaking.
- UART Interface supports 7/8 bit data, 1/2 stop bits, and Odd/Even/Mark/Space/No Parity.
- Auto-transmit enable control for RS485 serial applications using TXDEN pin.
- Operational configuration mode and USB Description strings configurable in external EEPROM over the USB interface.
- Configurable I/O drive strength (4,8,12 or 16mA) and slew rate.
- Low operating and USB suspend current.
- Supports bus powered, self powered and high-power bus powered USB configurations.
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
- USB Bulk data transfer mode (512 byte packets in Hi-Speed mode).
- +1.8V (chip core) and +3.3V I/O interfacing (+5V Tolerant).
- Extended -40°C to 85°C industrial operating temperature range.
- Compact 64-LD Lead Free LQFP or LQFN package.
- +3.3V single supply operating voltage range.
|EEPROM (AT93C46D-PU, Blank)||1|
There is no paper document such as user's manual and circuit schematic in the package.
Please download those documents from the link in the documentation section below.
Price and Add-ons
FT2232H Evaluation Board